Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy New Year!

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Where oh where did the Holiday season go??  I got so far behind with my wreath and ornament orders that NO Christmas cards got sent out!!  I had all intentions in making and then I quickly realized it was December 25th and that was not going to happen.  Into my stamp stash I went. 
 
I have a love for fancy fonts and so I found the Wintery Script from Lawn Fawn and knew this would be my card.  I then when to Pinterest for a bit of inspiration and saw circles and twine and all kinds of goodies.. So I got out the Circle die plate from Queen & Company.  I knew this would be it!
 
I first took the die from Queen & Company and cut 25 with my Vagabond 2.  It was super simple and now I have a big stash of circles from the negative. 
 
I then took the Happy New Year stamp and my Mini MISTI (which is the most incredible tool)  and stamped in groups of 5 with Brutus Monroe embossing ink and embossed with Brutus Monroe Gilded.  Once I complete 25 in this process, I started my layering.  I found 3 different golds that I wanted to use.  I adhered the layered piece and then to my card base.
 
I used my Cricut for the inside.  I did not want to handwrite on all 25, so I did a simple New Years message on the inside and let my Cricut do the writing for me.
 
I then added a few stars from a pack I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  After a while, I got to thinking a stamped star would be easier.. So I got out the Papertrey Ink stamp set Star Scribbles and stamped a few stars. 
 
I love the different looks each card holds.  I was bumming that I did not get to send out Christmas cards, but it turned out for the better.. these are SUPER cute and I know the recipients will be surprised to receive the card.
 
 
This card is entered into the Simon Says Wednesday challenge:  Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. Great set of cards. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Happy New Year to you! Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just found these on Pinterest. What a terrific, fantastic bunch of cards!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete