Monday, February 8, 2016

LoVe Cascading Card

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I wanted to show a cascading card that I made.  I'm so in love with this card.  Cascading cards are so adorable in person.  Pictures do them no justice.  The base of the cascade is truly not hard at all.  I followed a YouTube video and they come out perfect every time.  The most time consuming part is measuring for the panels and any embellishments you may add.
 
So to start out make your card base and have your embellishments ready. I used the Tons set from Craftin Desert Divas. This includes the peanuts, elephant and two hearts.
 


 
I knew I wanted TONS of peanuts on my cascading card, so I stamped and cut several.  I used my Scan N Cut to make it easier on the cutting part.

 
After I had all of my peanuts and elephant cut, I went to town coloring with my spectrum noir pens.
 
However you choose to decorate you may want a 2nd color for your side panels.  I always add the panels and the measuring and cutting seem to be what takes the most time.
 
You will also have 4 visible panels on the 'inside' of the card.  You will need to decide what you'd like to do there as well. 
 
 
Now this part, I actually lost sleep over.  LOL  I knew I wanted hearts and peanuts to be 'floating'.  I took out my transparency film and cut small rectangles depending on how high you want them.. This picture is to just show the transparency film.
 
When attaching the film keep in mind that it will 'sway' or move.  You don't want to make it do heavy that they fall over.  You could also stabilize it more if you choose to have a heavier embellishment.
 
This is a close up of the transparency film with the peanuts and hearts.  To just look at a photo, you can not tell the peanuts are on transparency film and 'moving'. 
 
 
The hearts I used from my left over pile that comes from the Heart of Heart die from Craftin Desert Divas.  Never throw away anything!  It can always be used in another project.  I stamped Sending tons of and oh what  cute card!!
 
The word love comes from Crafters Companion the whimsical alphabet.  I triple cut the letters in my Diamond Press from Crafter Companion. 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this has sparked some creativity... If you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to reach out.  I am not a cascading card pro, but it is truly easier than it looks.
 
Happy Crafting
~Kara
 
This card is entered into the challenge
Craftin Desert Divas - Heart Linky Challenge
Fan-Tastic -Sweetheart
DL Art - Valentine




 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! So creative! I have to try this myself! XO, CDD DT Bianca

    ReplyDelete