Saturday, February 20, 2016

Look for the rainbow

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I want to show a water drop stamp set that looks REAL!   In this project, I used Designs by Ryn and My Favorite Things stamps/die.
 
I first started off by water coloring the rainbow.  My water color paper was not the best quality so I will be on the hunt for a better quality paper pad.  I used the $6 water color set I purchased at Michaels.  I love rainbows and I LOVE to use ROY G BIV .. Do you know how hard it is to find Indigo in most color sets??? 
 
After I had my rainbow water colored, I set that aside to dry.  I knew a round about size card I was looking for so I cut down the white strip for my water drops.  I stamped each water drop set in the ROY G BIV color.  These are such an amazing design.. The water drops truly look REAL.  There are some different techniques to use these. Designs by Ryn has a YouTube video on how she explains it.. Definitely look that video up!.  These are the stamps.. They are red rubber and I had to purchase the cling foam to adhere to the back.
 
 
After the water color paper was dry, I took out my dylsusions white spray and took off the sprayer and just flicked some white random.   I then took my stamp set from My Favorite Things when it rains, look for the rainbow (Rainbow Happiness is the set).  I then took RAINBOWS die from Color the Rainbow die set and cut.  I then took my spectrum noir markers and colored each letter to match the rainbow.
 
The white strip with water drops I mounted with foam tape.  I wanted this to be raised for dimension.    I topped off the card with a few sequins to add some flare.
 
I hope you LOVE this card!  It looks ahhhhh-mazing in person. 
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment