Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy Birthday

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I want to share a card made with the Digi image from Craftin Desert Divas Birthday Elephant.  I can not believe I was once afraid to use a digital image.  My friend Tina just did a wonderful tutorial that can be found here.   I think knowing where to start is a step in the right direction to using digital stamps.
 
I have a Brother MFC-9340 laser printer.  I know many print with inkjet, but I've had great success with my laser.
 
After I had her printed out I then colored with spectrum noir markers.  I then cut with my Brother Scan N Cut.  There are a few areas I haven't figured out how to cut, such as the space between the legs and little bow opening.  I simply take my Pen Blade and cut (P.S. these blades are SUPER sharp.. I found that out when doing this card).
 
I created my background layers with the Fancy Frames die set.  If I were to say you need ONE  die set from Craftin Desert Divas.. I'd definitely vote the Fancy Frames.  I use this in just about ever card in some way.
 
The Sending you Tons of Fun was part of this digital stamp.  I took the smallest frame from the Stitched Label die set and cut.  Using distress ink to make it have a bit of color.
 
I wanted my elephant to be standing on something or appear to be.  I took out my watercolors and just put a little puddle underneath her.  I didn't want her to appear as if she was standing in mid air.
 
I topped the balloons and string off with glossy accents and the hat with Wink of Stella.
 
Adding some sequins topped off the card!
 
Happy Crafting
~Kara
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment