Saturday, July 2, 2016

Independence Day and Happy Birthday

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by. Kara here from Create By Kara
 
I am obsessing with flowers lately and the great part is with Craftin Desert Divas stamp sets.. you can purchase the SVG files to go along with the stamp set! 
 
I took the SVG file from Flowers in Bloom and uploaded the file to Cricut Design Space.  The SVG file can be found here.  I made a few different sizes and knew I'd need red and blue (why I didn't make white.. I do not know LOL).  I cut these SVG flowers and then shaped them.  I knew they needed a little pizzazz so I dabbed a bit of glue on the petals and used clear glitter to give them a shine.  The center I knew I wanted white so I got out some fancy glitter and put that on as well.   I then glued the flowers all together.

  

I then colored my digi Bear with Flower with spectrum noir pens.  I knew this wasn't meant to be a red, white and blue bear, but I turned her into one!  Once I was finished coloring I began to assemble the flowers and bear to the card.  I used Celebrate Freedom with embossing powder to celebrate the 4th of July and Freedom.
 
I used double sided foam to raise the bear and the 2 flowers that would 'prop' my card up.
 
 
 
 
Craftin Desert Divas products used:
 
 
 
 
 
The next card I'd like to show is a pretty simple card.  I used Wishful Thoughts stamp set.  I took Wish you and then added the happiest birthday.  I placed this on a cut out from Crazy Stitched Frame Dies and embossed in white.  Previously I had taken white card stock and flicked paint (I did a ton of these at one time).  I cut the largest frame from the Crazy Stitched Frames and made that my next layer.  I took some twine and wrapped it around the flicked paint layer.   I then used the Picture Frame Die for my last die cut frame. 
 
I layered two last layers with white and green. 
 
Craftin Desert Divas products used:
 
 
 
Happy Crafting!
~Kara

Be sure to stop by the Craftin Desert Divas Blog daily for inspiration! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment