Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Just Believe

Hello! Thanks for stopping by today . I'd love to showcase from the Whispers collection .. Dragonfly at Die-Versions
 
 
I started out by die cutting the Dragonfly in gold foil paper.  It is a very thick paper and the die has some intricate cuts so I placed a piece of cardstock folded under my plate for some extra thickness.  It cut perfectly the first time.  I just received my Vagabond 2, so I wasn't sure how thick I would need.
 
My card is 4 x 5.5 in size and I played with my gelatos for this card... Ok, well my purple gelato!  I used watercolor paper and gesso to place a layer over the paper (let this dry).  I then scribbled some gelato and with my spray bottle spritzed and moved the gelato until I was happy with it.  I wanted this card to be simple .. but let me tell you.. it looks stunning in person.
 
I wanted the dragonfly to really be raised, so I placed two layers of adhesive foam .. it was so high that you could see the foam.  I took out  a gold marker and colored it so it would blend in. You can leave the wings as is or I bent them slightly giving them some curve.
 
   
 
I then stamped my sentiment (from My Creative Time)  and embossed in Brutus Monroe gold.  Placed the dragon fly on the card and added a few rhinestone embellishments for the final touch.
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  When shopping at Die-Versions be sure to use the code kara15 to save 15% from your order.   This can not be combine with any other sales or promotions.
 
Happy Crafting!
Kara
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: