Thursday, December 31, 2015

HoPe

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
When I first thought about digital stamps, I said no thank you.  THEN I tried a digital stamp and needless to say I'm in love.  My favorite digi's come from Craftin Desert Divas.  
 
This HOPE digi caught my eye from the very beginning.  My family has been touched by cancer.  My Dad is a survivor, my Grandma is a survivor, several cousins survivors.. Cancer has touched so many lives.  My hope is that one day there will be a CURE..  Celebrate those survivors we have with us, Remember those we have lost and fight back for a CURE. 
 
Needless to say this Hope bear means a lot to me.  I decided to use lavender as my color for the ribbon.  Lavender is the color used to represent all cancer awareness colors. 
 
I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color (I am just learning the art of alcohol marker coloring and have lots of practice, but I was happy with the outcome).  Glossy accents was my best friend.. and wink of stella.  You can never have too much glitter!  The photo may not pick it all up, but it is glossy and glittery all over!
 
The cloud needed something more than just colored in so I jogged my brain a few moments and came up with Texture paste, blue gelato and white/clear glitter.  I mixed these three items on a slate and then with a paint brush placed it where I wanted.  I wanted it to look 'puffy' so I made some puffs as I went along.  I could see the glitter, but like I said.. one can never have too much.. so while it was wet I sprinkled (dumped) some more over the texture paste concoction.
 
I tried a few different approaches to a background, but remembered I had a background stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle and what a fit!!
 
I have a mass amount of flat back pearls and these fit perfectly on the sides for the finishing touch!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting
~Kara
 


No comments:

Post a Comment