Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fun in the Garden

 
Hello!  Today I want to share the Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas.  The theme is one of my FAVORITES... Shake it up!!  Yes, that means crank up those shaker crafty juices and get to crafting!  Shaker cards are so fun to make and not to mention you can just shake, shake, shake!!



Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And don't forget about the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3! The more times you link up...the more chances you have to win!!

 
Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:
 
 
I absolutely LOVE this linky challenge!!  For digi images, I use Word to position my images and print. I start off by printing my flower pot bear.   I use a Brother Laser Printer and Brutus Monroe cardstock to print my digi images.    Using my Spectrum Noir pens I color in the image until I love it!  My final touches for the bear is a bit of Glossy Accents to her eyes.
 
I then went to Too Cute By Jessica and purchased the files that match this digi stamp.  There was a 95% off sale and I love a good sale!
 
From those files I took the flowers an SVG file and imported it to my Cricut.  I cut out a few different sizes.. I wanted these as accents for my card.  I wanted a sweet sentiment for my card so I also programed my Cricut to write instead of cut "Fun in the Garden". 
 
I wanted my sequins to appear to be coming out of the flower pot so I chose the Fancy Stitched Label Dies for my shaker portion.  I cut a foam layer, transparency film, and cardstock layer.  I adhered them all together and let that sit over night with a little weight (usually I use a container of my ink cubes).  I am sure you don't need to let it set that long and I don't always. 
 
My background is simply Zest from Brutus Monroe.  I love to make my own color backgrounds and Brutus Monroe inks can do just about anything.
 
I then took my Fancy Frames die and cut two different shapes from that.  I wanted a fun bright color for my card and I believe I achieved that!  I filled my shaker in with Pizazz sequins (which currently I am obsessing over). 
 
I hope you enjoy this shaker card as much as I LOVED making it!
 



Craftin Desert Divas products used:


 
Linky parties are from Monday at 12AM Arizona MST thru Sunday 12PM Arizona MST.
Any projects you submit must be linked to your blog or online gallery. 
Projects must be NEW, no back linking, please.
Number of entries for this linky party is unlimited.
You may link up ANY type of craft project (layout, card, altered item, tag (etc) as long as it goes with the theme of the party.
Please link your project back to Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.


Winners will be randomly chosen by random.org

No comments:

Post a Comment