Monday, April 25, 2016

Wildflowers in the Wind - CDT#389

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
The colors for this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge were gorgeous..   I just happened to purchase a new Rubbernecker Stamp called Wildflowers in the Wind and so I adapted that stamp to the color challenge.
 
 
Here is the color pallet you have to work with
 
I used Stampin Up ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Tangelo Twist
So Suzy Stamps ink bite Thistle Thicket
 
Rubbernecker Stamps:  Wildflowers in the Wind, Freehand Frame and The Garden
 
The Frugal Crafter has an awesome video on how to stamp this particular stamp, Wildflowers in the Wind.  I found it a HUGE help to hear the tip lay your stamp on the photo of the stamp.  Because it is red rubber you can not see to line it up perfectly.  Honestly, Flowers in the wind would never be perfect, so however you get them lined up works.  For me I laid my stamp on the photo and then knew where to place it using my misti to stamp.
 
To add the finishing touch, I took my clarity brushes from So Suzy Stamps and just brushed some Pumpkin Pie over lightly.  Then I stamped my sentiment using Versafine Black onyx.
 
The weekly challenge can be found here.
 
I'm so glad you stopped by.  I hope this inspires you to be crafty.
~Kara
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment