Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Love with butterflies

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Today I want to showcase the new Love from the Curly Words collection.  I absolutely love this new release from Die-Versions.
 
 
 
I have seen a few cards using the collar fold and of course I wanted to try one.  I assembled my card in a 5.5 x 5.5 fashion.  Most collar fold cards I have seen were to the right side, but I knew I wanted to use my word LOVE in some fashion.  So I decided to do a top fold collar style. I simply cut in about 1.5 inches and folded the edges of the cut line down.  It is helpful to use the point of your corners to make the fold.  I used my scor buddy to get a straight line.   I used the MFT Stamps border dies to make the edges on the folded card.  I had to do a partial for the edges on each side since I only wanted it on the edges.

Butterflies to me.. are a sign of hope and life.. The gorgeous butterflies are all from Crafters Companion, Sara Davies collection (an HSN purchase from Craft Day :) )  Along with the butterfly embossing folder.  This collection is stunning in person! 
 
I cut the Love die from Die-Versions Curly word collection in coordinating purple and adhered it to the top.    I then placed some Tonic Nuvo Crystal drops all over.  I got carried away, but I'm in love with these new drops.  I used some of the embossing folder for the pattern and added several that were not on the folder.
 
I hope this has inspired you to be crafty!  As always, when shopping at Die-Versions be sure to use kara15 for 15% off of your order.  This can not be combine with any other sales or promotions. 
 
 
~Kara
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment